Our school is situated on the outskirts of Kildangan village, beside Our Lady of Victories Church and opposite Kildangan Stud. The original school dates back to the 1870's but the current building was built in 1963. It had four classrooms.
A large school extension began in 2006 because of continuous increases in students and teachers. By 2007 there were four new classrooms, new bathrooms, a new staffroom, Principal's office, Resource room, reception area and multipurpose room.
Kildangan NS continued to grow and a further extension took place from August 2012 - January 2013. A 9th classroom was built, along with a new resource room upstairs. The Board of Management also secured funding to refurbish and extend the original classrooms, in order to meet the developing needs of the school population.
The children of Kildangan NS take part in various activities including Gaelic football and hurling, basketball, tennis, choir, school concerts, Credit Union Table Quiz, Swimming, Film-making, Tag-Rugby and Cross-Country Running.
They also participate in numerous committees and actively lead the campaigns to win Green Flags and Active Flags for the school.